Of course she came prepared with some baby blankets. She crocheted a beautiful baby afghan in a gorgeous shade of lavender and gave us 5 of her flannel blankets with crocheted edges. She has great talent at matching up cute fabrics and designing boarder for them. She does sell them. Contact MarJane: mjc544@sbcglobal.net. I think my favorite one is the white background with green and pink polka dots on one side and butterflies on the other with the two-toned edge. But really, I love them all. So does Paige. (Here are Zoey's blankets from Grandma--scroll down-- to see more of her handiwork.)
Sunday, September 18, 2011
Grandma and Papa Love
Papa and Grandma were very sad she came so early and couldn't meet her until she was just over a week old. They took to her immediately, of course.
Papa was here for 6 days and very helpful, especially with Zoey.Our little fireball certainly loves her Papa. She wants to talk to he and Grandma practically every day and has figured out facetime on the Itouch and Ipad. Sometimes she'll call him without us knowing. At the APCs on Labor Day, she was very possessive of Papa, and extremely jealous when he was playing with Avery or Raelynn.
Between trips to the park, the Porsche dealership, the Skirball Center, Grandma Gail's and walks to keep Zoey entertained, Papa did find some to snuggle with Paige. Don't know if he's sleeping here because Zoey wore him out, or because new babies have that effect on people. Probably both!
Grandma. I can't say enough about my mom and how glad I was that she was here to help. The two things she did the very best: #1. Hold Paige. Seriously, it was great to be able to hand her off at any moment of the day, and especially in the morning when I'd go back to sleep. Mom didn't mind if she was fussy and had knack for settling Paige right down. (Large breasts come in real handy for burping a newborn.) The two developed quite a nice bond. Mom wouldn't kiss her when we dropped her off at the airport because she knew it would make her (mom, not Paige) cry.
#2. Mom cooked lots of great meals. She was kind to Kevin and catered a few things his direction. I think he really appreciated all the meat. It was delightful not to have to think about what to make for dinners, and to eat some MamaJane home cooking.
Of course she came prepared with some baby blankets. She crocheted a beautiful baby afghan in a gorgeous shade of lavender and gave us 5 of her flannel blankets with crocheted edges. She has great talent at matching up cute fabrics and designing boarder for them. She does sell them. Contact MarJane: mjc544@sbcglobal.net. I think my favorite one is the white background with green and pink polka dots on one side and butterflies on the other with the two-toned edge. But really, I love them all. So does Paige. (Here are Zoey's blankets from Grandma--scroll down-- to see more of her handiwork.)

It is clear that both of our girls love their Papa and Grandma Christofferson. I'm overjoyed that the Grandparents love to girls too, and want to see them as often as possible. It is so sad that they don't live in California anymore (we want you back!), but they make efforts to come every two to three months for a long visit. Come again Grandma and Papa; we miss you already!
Of course she came prepared with some baby blankets. She crocheted a beautiful baby afghan in a gorgeous shade of lavender and gave us 5 of her flannel blankets with crocheted edges. She has great talent at matching up cute fabrics and designing boarder for them. She does sell them. Contact MarJane: mjc544@sbcglobal.net. I think my favorite one is the white background with green and pink polka dots on one side and butterflies on the other with the two-toned edge. But really, I love them all. So does Paige. (Here are Zoey's blankets from Grandma--scroll down-- to see more of her handiwork.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Love the pics- I miss them too!~
Post a Comment