Tuesday, February 14, 2012

My Funny Valentine

Zoey has been upset lately when Kevin or I leave for work. I've struggled to express why I go, when she whines, "Why do you have to go to work Mommy?" Kevin has a straight answer that involves us needing money to live in our apartment, have food to eat, and buy things.

This morning, after tantruming and hearing Kevin's response to her question of why he had to leave, she came into the living room to ask me a question. She got a little change purse from Grandma Redford in a valentine's package and wanted to know where it was. She took out a dime and handed it to Kevin. In her sweet, little mind that should mean he could stay home from work, no?
Other favorite Zoeyisms of late:
  • She calls the TV remote, the "Bemote."
  • She makes up songs now, or changes the lyrics to existing songs. Case in point, "Rock a bye Zoey in the Rocking Chair."
  • She gets peanut butter from her lips to her ears when she eats toast because she eats through the middle of it.
  • When she really wants something and we don't give it to her she says "Puhleeease" in the saddest, most pleading tone. (We try not to give in, or laugh.)
  • She makes the funniest sad face with her eyes cast down and her bottom lip out to pout.

I Love this Crazy Girl

1 comment:

Nicole said...

So cute- I love the pictures and the memories. Put this in a book so you have it someday!