Monday, August 30, 2010
Babysitting a Piano
Perhaps the only good thing about my parents moving out of state, besides that it was the best move for them, is that we are babysitting their piano. It is a Technics Electric Piano and has all sorts of bells and whistles I don't know how to work. Playing a few songs out of mom's books and some of my old ones has been so much fun! Despite swearing that he can't read music, Kevin can pluck out the top hand with a little effort. Zoey loves to play (re: pound) also, making the best part of an electric piano the volume control switch. I hope we keep up the practicing and actually start to sound good. It is fun for the whole family.
And yes, after all these years, just as my mother said, I do wish I hadn't quit piano lessons.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I wish I hadn't quit!!!!
I am with you on that one, I quit when I was in 8th grade and I always regret it. Glad to find your blog, will add you to ours.
I was just thinking that I should take a piano class. I am the only one in my family that can't play the piano and I'm pretty sure it is because I am the youngest and my parents had lost all of the fight in them :-)
I didn't know your parents moved. Where did they move to?
Post a Comment