Zoey and her 34 year old Mommy on July 4th
34. That sounds old to me. I don't feel old. My issue with this birthday is that I feel that someone who is 34 should have life figured out. Maybe there isn't an age when people actually feel that way, and I am just assuming that I'm behind the curve. Still, don't people who are my age have things more together?Kevin did such a great job surprising me this year. Several weeks ago, when I finally told him point blank that what I really wanted for my birthday was a sewing machine, he responded very quickly and confidently that he'd already got my present and had even discussed it with my mom. Great! I was stuck between wanting to praise him for thinking so far in advance and planning (something he doesn't usually do), and telling him again, "but what I really want is a sewing machine." Fast forward to the 4th of July when we celebrated my B-day with the family. Kevin brought out a present. That was unusual because we usually give each other gifts on the actual day of birth, which would be the following day. When I opened his present and saw a sewing machine I was ecstatic. He knew, even before I told him, that I really wanted my own and was planning on getting it all along! Mom and dad followed up with a sewing machine cover and I realized why he couldn't wait until the next day. (I'm not so dense that I wouldn't have figured it out if I got the cover first.) Way to go Kev!
My actual birthday started off with a bang thanks to a free massage from Kennrick, a friend and amazing massage therapist. I spent several hours bonding with the new sewing machine, taking everything apart and putting it back together, reading each page of the instruction manual, and practicing a few stitches. Making a button hole has never been easier! In the afternoon, we hit the Ocean Park beach with the Taylors.
The water was COLD, as was the breeze, but we had fun playing in the sand, chatting and mooching food (Zoey, of course).
Kevin and Justin were brave enough to venture into the cold ocean (with the assistance of wet suits).My birthday on a Monday was great because Kevin got it off since the 4th was Sunday. I loved being with him all day. A friend babysat Zoey, so he and I could have dinner together. I wanted to try something totally new, and since it was my birthday, Kev agreed to any suggestion I had. We ended up with Persian food. We shared (I liked it and he didn't) a nummy yogurt dipping sauce for a starter and then I had fesinjoon, a stew of walnuts cooked with pomegranates, pureed and served with chicken. Kevin went for a steak Kabab and was pleased. Mmmmm. We finished the night off with the best ice cream ever--Baskin Robbins' Peanut Butter and Chocolate.
What a fun birthday!
1 comment:
Aaack! I didn't even know that day was your birthday. I must have been distracted by the cold since you did talk about your sewing machine! Very happy birthday late!
Post a Comment