Monday, June 21, 2010

Fathers

Kevin and my dad had an instant connection because they had both served LDS missions in Brazil. As they talked the first time, they realized that they had even been assigned to the same city (as had one of dad's brothers!) Now and again they share fun Brazil things like talking in Portuguese; drinking Guarana, a very sweet Brazilian soft drink; or pigging out at Fogo de Chao, an amazing restaurant in LA, where mom and I enjoyed ourselves too. This weekend, they shared a new Brazilian related event--the World Cup. Kevin was so excited to watch it with dad. And dad seemed genuinely happy to have the bonding moment with Kev. They wore matching world cup Brazil T-shirts (thanks Santee Alley in Downtown LA). So cheesy. So cute.
I really love that they get along so well. Kevin didn't really have a father figure growing up and you couldn't ask for a better one than my dad. Not that Kev needs much tutelage in the daddying department, because he's pretty awesome in his own right. I love these two men and it makes me so happy that they get along so well. I felt like one lucky girl being with both of them--my own father, and the father of my daughter--on father's day.

No comments: