Friday, June 11, 2010

Disney Magic

All aboard the shuttle to DISNEYLAND!
In my old age, I've become cynical about some things. Disneyland is a case in point. For a variety of reasons that have to do with scholarly reading and issues about mass consumption, I've been a little hesitant to jump on the Mickey train with my kiddo.

But, with Dallin in town last week, we hit up the theme park and something happened, something big.

I felt the magic.

The Ferris Wheel in California Adventure
What good company!

Zoey liked the Merry-go-Round in both parks
The first one tasted good!
oh so good!
She wasn't licking the pole for the second Carousel. An improvement, I thought.
Someone thought she could be the next Queen of England.
But, realized it might be a little more difficult than she originally thought. A long (12 hours!), but fun day in Mickey's playground. I don't know if I would have loved it as much if I hadn't grown up going to Disneyland. Sure the rides are fun, and the ambiance terrific. It was the memories of being there as a youngin and now having my own child with me that made the day. Zoey managed really well. And yes, we did succumb and by her some ridiculously- overpriced, Disney-print dress. Dang is it cute.

4 comments:

Marilee said...

So glad that you took Zoey to DL and that you got to feel the "Magic" again! There is DEFINITELY something different when you take your own children to Disney. Watching them feel the Magic makes the Magic even more powerful for us! You'll remember this day forever!

Annie said...

Zoey looks soooo cute while she is trying to pull that sword!! You can do it Zoey!!=)

Nicole Sue Taylor said...

Glad you guys had fun! Anna loves the carousel too, she's more into kissing the horses though rather than eating them...

Nicole said...

I LOVE Disneyland- non mater how many times I go I still love it!!!