Friday, July 31, 2009

To Zion and Back

What better way to celebrate Pioneer Day than to make the trek to Utah? I felt it important for Zoey to meet her namesake, Grandma Jeanne, and great-grandpa C. We timed the trip to the Beehive State perfectly. Uncles Tom and Clarke were there as well as my folks. Zoey was a big hit with her bright smile, cute dimple, and wide range of cooing noises. She is a lucky girl to have so many who love her. We are lucky to have her in our family because she brings such a happy spirit with her.
Zoey and her Great-grandparents

Doh! Reading the funnies in Spanish with Uncle Clarke

We love happy faces!

I also got to see a slew of cousins. Shout out to Brynn for organizing a lovely dinner.
Todd A., Tom, Me, Rachel, Lisa and Brynn--yeah for cousins!

It was also a time to catch up with old friends. On the way to SLC we stopped off in Saint George to see Jera and her ADORABLE family! (She's got the pics of that visit.) I caught up with Amanda (we didn't snap a photo.) I did remember my camera for a visit with the Belnaps.
We became good friends when I moved into the Manhattan 2nd ward. Lorinda and I hit it off really well. I'd walk home from church through Central Park with them every week. I could not believe how the kids had grown in the three years since I'd seen them. David is a towering, and handsome teenager, Caroline a gorgeous young woman. Christopher and Spencer were much, much bigger, but both still had their fun personalities. The older being sweet and kind, and the younger a daredevil and jokester. Rebecca is precocious--watch out boys, she'll be a heart breaker! Nate I hadn't met before and we decided in short order that he and Zoey should marry someday. Wouldn't that be fun???? Brent is still interested in other people and thoughtful. Lorinda continues to amaze me with her grace, humor, testimony, and compassion. What a wonderful family!

Zoey and I spent some time (although not enough!) with Meliss. How fun to see her and catch up. Still lickin' my lips from the meal that Chris made us!

We did a few things in and around the Salt Lake Valley. The tour of the LDS church history library, and seeing some goodies in the vault was most fun! Mom, dad, Uncle Tim and I toured the Oquirrh Hills (sp?) Temple. What a beautiful building and location. I think it is great that there is the need for more temples in Utah, and am grateful for President Hinckley's vision to begin building smaller temples throughout the world to make them more accessible.
Thanks dad for being a nice companion on the road trip to Zion and letting us tag along! Zoey was a champ on the airplane on the way home. Whew.


2 comments:

Heather said...

Way fun! I can't believe how adorable and how big Zoey is! They grow too fast. I cannot wait for my little one to get here and then time can slow down a whole bunch!!!

mj said...

Fab picture of Grandma and pa. I am so glad that you got to see them. I love to play with my Zoey girl. MOM