This is the Baby's room. Was the full size bed your first clue? The kid's room is doubling as the guest room as well. Since we changed the colors of the room to the gender neutral yellow and green, we needed a new bedspread. Notice the lovely yellow walls (good job Kev!) I couldn't find an affordable duvet cover that I liked, so with a little cutting and measuring help from mom, I made the one in the picture! And the bed skirt too!!! I know sewing square things isn't that big of an accomplishment, but I felt very good about my efforts.
The more creative pieces in our nursery/guest room include these adorable frames. Jill made these and put pictures of Kevin and I as kids in them. Weren't we cute???? Ducks and Frogs are sort of the theme we are going with for the baby's room. Love yellow and green!
The top of the bookshelf is where the frames rest. This is the first thing you see in the room, directly across from the door.
We'll use a this small crib for a while until the kid graduates to a bigger one. This is more portable--a good thing since we are going to switch my desk and the crib for the first little bit, to have the baby closer to us when we sleep. This meets my concerned parent--is it still breathing?--requirement and also may help to not have to walk down the hall to nurse in the middle of the night. Additionally, for those who may want to come and use the spare room, we can move the small crib to another room so you don't have to share.We are getting ready for the new addition. A few more things to put in order, but I feel mostly there. My sister recommended packing up the hospital bag, which advise I took. We still have weeks to go, but there's nothing like preparing for a baby to put off working on a prospectus!
4 comments:
(sorry - egregious mistake in first post meant i had to redo) ...
so looking forward to meeting (even if it is virtually) the new wee one!! ... i love yellow and green - and if i ever love a guy enough to have his child, i will want the room to be those colours (even if we know what the gender is!) ... nice work momma!
So cute.........I can't wait!
It looks all ready! I can't wait to meet him/her!!!!!
Post a Comment