Sunday, February 22, 2009

Waistless and Waddling


Here I am in all my 36 weeks of pregnancy glory! There are before and after church pictures. Black really is slimming. We've got 5 weeks to go and I don't know how I'm supposed to stretch anymore. The baby has started taking up side room instead of just growing up into the ribs/diaphragm region and out in front. It is true; I officially have lost my waist. Ribs to hips is one straight line.
Additionally, I waddle. I have to consciously remind myself that when walking one's movement should me mostly forward, not just side to side. Having an extra 20lbs hanging out front makes it difficult to remember. At least I have something to explain my usual clumsiness. I seem to hit things with my tummy, and get off balance even more than normal. What an adventure pregnancy is. The body really is an amazing thing!

5 comments:

Marilee said...

I can't believe how close you are getting! SOOOOO fun! You look GREAT and you at 36 weeks along looks about the same as me at 18 weeks along. Sad, but true. :-) Anywho, can't wait to see what this little muffin looks like! Love You!

amanda said...

Laura,
You look amazingly beautiful!!! I cant believe how fast time flies. Enjoy the last few weeks. Wish i could be there to talk to your tummy :) and give you a big hug!

2x2momma said...

Laura, you look so good. Anybody who says there is no pregnancy glow needs to take one look at you. You are radiating!!

Nicole said...

You are saucey!

Paige said...

Laura...I'm so glad I found your blog! You look great....a bit like you may be having a boy. Can't wait to hear the news!