Sunday, July 14, 2013

The 4th

Last year we had a super lame 4th of July and I was really sad about it.  Kevin worked, and we didn't really have any plans,and everyone we knew did.  But, this year, we had a blast!

The girls and I went to the ward's pancake breakfast in the morning.  Kevin came home from Scout Camp (he'd been gone for 3 1/2 days) in the afternoon.  We headed over the Andersen's for a swim and BBQ.  Tom and Fran Andersen have a gorgeous house built in 1932, with a lovely salt water pool in the back yard.  (It reminds me a lot of the Bronxville house I lived in with Uncles Tom and Clarke when I first moved to NYC--a house I still miss!)

 Lennix Selleslach and Zoey keeping to real poolside

Tom made delicious home made strawberry ice cream.  Yum!  He put the dasher on the front lawn for the kids--and adults-- to lick clean.  Paige is the only one who made it a really messy experience. She got ice cream up to her elbows. 

 After a long and fun day, Kevin put Paige to bed and Zoey and I went to search for fireworks.  It was really fun to be with her and snuggle on the grass along Motor Ave near Cheviot Hills Park watching the fireworks explode over the Hill Crest Country Club.  She especially liked the finale. 


No comments: