Friday, February 3, 2012

The Redfords part 2

The day after Christmas we flew to Yakima Washington to join Kevin's family for post-Christmas festivities. Everyone but Konan was there. We all stayed a week. 15 people in one house and we all managed to still like each other after 7 days--now that's a great family!

We exchanged Christmas presents the day after our arrival. Zoey was thrilled with the princess dress up that Jordan got her (at Charene's suggestion).

I managed to finish an afghan I was making for Trinette at 12:30am the day we all left to go home. I think I crocheted 6 hours that last day. Sadly, I forgot to take a picture of her in it!
We did eat ourselves silly, so we needed to burn some calories. A friend of Charene's taught a Zumba class at the church building one morning. We convinced the boys to come too, but when they found out other people would be there, they chickened out. It would have been awesome to see Kevin, Tyler, and Shae shakin' it in a Zumba class.
I love the expression of the two boys and they look at uncle Kevin.

My darn back was out, so I couldn't do much and didn't think I deserved to be in the commemorative photo

Zoey had her first bowling experience, and loved it.


The one picture from the week of all of us--even Paige.

We spent a lot of time playing games, hanging out, and having fun.
Card games, board games, you name it, this family plays it!

I hope my two girls grow up to be as sweet, talented, fun, and beautiful as these two cousins!

These boys did a great job humoring and playing with their little cousin. Soon she'll be just as crazy as they are:


Another first for Zoey was a dip in a real hot tub, or "hot pool" as she called it. She played outside a lot despite coldish temperatures. Here was another time she wanted to use her new backpack to "go to campus."

We ended the trip with a bang, getting pulled over for speeding after leaving the house later than we'd planned. The highway patrol man was very nice and saw our desperation and let us go ticket free. (Also, in Kevin's defense, we were going with the flow of traffic and the speedometer was hard to read in the rental car).

No comments: