Our division of labor in our family is mostly good. I probably do too much of the cleaning, or have to ask for help, but that has more to do with dirty tolerance levels than a his/her job. But, we do have jobs. Kevin mostly does the trash. I cook the meals. He does the dishes (I put them away.) He vacuums. We both do laundry, but I usually fold. I've noticed however, there are things I expect him to do because they were by dad's purview, and therefore I don't think about them, or if I do, I'm not interested in doing them. What are these tasks? Cars and electronics.
My car has needed a service for months. I keep forgetting. Remember I didn't have a car as an adult (post college) until I moved to LA. My dad always handled car stuff when I was younger. I figure Kevin will. However, I realize we just spent $700 getting his car fixed because he has NEVER had it serviced! NEVER! I've got to step up in the automotive department, why does it seem so onerous?
Our camera broke. Notice the lack of pictures on the blog. (I'm relying on others to send me pics and they are notoriously slow....ahem Marilee from the pumpkin patch and Nicole from our fun cousin day in Griffith Park.) I keep thinking we, meaning Kevin, needs to take it to Best Buy and see if it is irreparably damaged or not. Haven't done it yet. Probably won't for a while. Doesn't it seem like a job for Kevin? I probably think that because again, my dad handled the electronic stuff when I was growing up. After all, they are just toys for bigger boys.....right?
3 comments:
Pics on the way- check my blog for a few. I do think there seem to be boy jobs and girl jobs. It is hard to figure out who does what I think- we still are trying to figure some of it out after 16 years!
What an awful husband you have. Can't even keep the cars in good shape.
@ Anonymous. Since I don't know your identity, I don't know if you know me and my hubby and if your comment was sarcastic or not. He's actually quite wonderful! Why shouldn't I be able to keep cars in good shape. Just 'cause he's a man, doesn't mean he should have to do it. I was only commenting on how I was expecting things based off the job splits my parents followed. And, I'm happy to report, we took my car in yesterday for a tune up. Needs new tires.....uh oh!
Post a Comment