Sunday, April 11, 2010

Loving our location

We live in such a beautiful part of the world! On Friday, Zoey and I went to the beach with a friend and officially opened the 2010 beach season. I think we are in for lots of sand in the diaper because someone likes to eat it by the fist full.

On Saturday, all three of us joined some people in our ward on a family-friendly hike. (It was really more of a nature walk, we had the stroller.) We walked into Solstice Canyon, just north of Malibu. The drive along PCH is always beautiful as are the mountains. We walked to a waterfall and had a little snack and spiritual thought at the ruins of a house that burned several years ago, but the foundation remained in tact.

Yeah for nature!

Postscript: I did spend three hours in the morning before the hike working on my lecture that I'll give in a few weeks: "The Rise and Dominance of Suburbia." I am super, duper excited about it and will give more details later. Anyone wanting a preview is welcome to ask, I could use the practice.

2 comments:

Nicole Sue Taylor said...

dang it! I totally forgot about the hike, we'd talked about going. yay for beach season - and i would love a preview of your lecture, sounds interesting!

Nicole said...

I love the pic of her sandy messy face! It's perfect!