My bro and sis-in-law joined us for a curling adventure a few Saturdays ago. It is soooo much harder than it looked on the Olympics. Not up on your winter sports? Curling is like shuffle board, or so I hear. Not being a frequenter of cruises for old people and having never shuffle boarded I don't know. What I do know is that curling involves gliding heavy stone a long distance across ice. The point is to get more of your rocks closer to the center of the target than your opponent. That's the simple explanation. Let me reiterate: It is soooo much harder than it looks (or sounds). The large bruise on my right hip that is still lingering proves as much. It could also prove, yet again, that I'm a klutz, especially when ice, sliding and lunging are involved. Nevertheless, we had a smashing time and Kevin even threw a wining stone!
A curling team is four people and we decided if we ever formed a team our name could be: the Laverne and Curlies!
You can actually work up a sweat sweeping the stone.

Yeah that Adam and Marilee live close enough that we can easily get together and do fun things!
3 comments:
So fun- we'll have to come one time so Ryan can connect with his canadian roots!
Hilarious.....I posted about curling back during the Olympics....Collin and a friend want to do curling in overalls, straw hats, and shrimpin' boots.
Grandma R. thinks you should either pick the tongue or sunglasses!! But that pensive look with the cute outfit is really cute too.
Post a Comment