The Cute LambertsMy family did not have the fortune to grow up near any of our extended relatives. Between my mother's and my father's side we were strewn over several states, and at least two countries, sometimes more. To my parent's credit, they made great efforts to stay connected to family. Every summer we met with family for week-long, memorable family reunions. Sometimes we were lucky enough to have one for each side. Although I didn't have a play buddy on the C side, and for a while there I disliked the large family gatherings, by the time high school hit, I had learned how much fun those cousins could be. On the E side, well, it was the perfect storm. Two sisters, Samantha and Stefanie were two years apart and I was right in the middle. We had a blast playing together.
Years have passed and I still enjoy my extended family. Stef (or Stefan-elbow, as we called her) is all grown up now, with a hubby and 4 kids. She could not have picked a nicer man to marry, and their girls are adorable inside and out. Zoey and I were able to meet them yesterday in NP Beach, where they are vacationing with Aunt L and uncle D to escape the cold of Co and Alberta. So Cal delivered its perfect weather.
Years have passed and I still enjoy my extended family. Stef (or Stefan-elbow, as we called her) is all grown up now, with a hubby and 4 kids. She could not have picked a nicer man to marry, and their girls are adorable inside and out. Zoey and I were able to meet them yesterday in NP Beach, where they are vacationing with Aunt L and uncle D to escape the cold of Co and Alberta. So Cal delivered its perfect weather.




1 comment:
It was great being with you guys too, we miss you already! Can't wait to visit again next year!
Post a Comment