Thursday, January 21, 2010

Would you freak out?

Would you freak out if you saw this on your husband's back?
I was very concerned until Kevin explained that he had decided to try acupuncture and they did something called cupping. He did the Saturday and the bruises are now going away. He promises it didn't hurt.

Acupuncture only hurt me once. I've had it on several occasions, the first when I was young and suffering from lots of asthma and reoccurring bronchitis. Mom didn't know I liked it and we stopped going. As a grad student I tried it for headaches. It helped. So did getting new glasses. Only once was it horrible. I was a missionary in Korea and had sprained my ankle. My Korean companion suggested jim (acupuncture). Sure, why not? All was fine and dandy until they injected something (still don't know what it was) into--YES, INTO--the area of the sprain. OUCH.

Kevin might try it again, but I hope he doesn't come home with more war wounds.

1 comment:

Erinn said...

Oh I love cupping. I have a set & do it on Andrew.