Wednesday, on short notice, I was invited and make arrangements (thanks Em for babysitting!) to go to a live taping of "So You Think You Can Dance?", which is THE best TV talent show there is. Kayce, who got the tickets was kind enough to take me. While we didn't get to see as much live dancing as you'd think in a live tapping (they tape the opening number that morning, and the Alvin Ailey piece was pre recorded also), it was really fun to see how they make it happen. Two observations:1. The stage is really very small, and the audience not as large as it appears on TV. That's Hollywood magic for you.
2. Cat Deely seems as nice in person as she does on TV. I don't think it is an act. I like her goofiness. And she is beatuiful!
AND LAST NIGHT.....
Kevin and I acted nothing like the old parents that we are and went to a concert. This really was a big streach for me since they didn't go on stage until 10pm, which is normally about the time I've fallen asleep on the couch. Great Big Sea is a band Kevin really likes; of course they are Canadian! The band members are all from Newfoundland (not pronounced new FINland like I thought) and are proud of it! They are really talented musicans. One of them played 6--count them 6!--different instruments during the concert. They sing a lot of Irish-influenced, drinking type songs, things with macabre lyrics, but very upbeat and peppy melodies. Some songs are just silly and happy dancing tunes. My favorites are thier ballads. The two lead singers trade off and I am in love with the voice of the softer one. "Forget me Not" or "the Banks of Newfoundland" are beautiful songs and I recommend them highly. Thanks Valecia for being at our apt. with Zoey so we could go!
1 comment:
Good for you! I had only been to one concert in my life before I met justin:)
Post a Comment