Saturday, October 3, 2009

The Hills are Alive.....with things to do in LA

Last weekend was a whole lot of fun in Los Angeles. Saturday we took mom and dad to the Hollywood Bowl for the annual Sound of Music Sing Along. Could there be a cuter dad in the whole world???
He was a crowd favorite too, getting lots of nice compliments and strangers asked him to be in pictures. The evening was really lovely.....expect.....the drunk people behind us were truly obnoxious and put a big damper on the event. We did get reseated after the intermission, but still, the drunkards had kind of ruined the moment. Silly people. Why do drunk people think they are funny, when they really, really aren't?
During Edelweiss the thousands of people pulled out their cell phones and waved the lit screens in the air. It was very neat sight.

Friday night was the Pompey exhibit at LACMA...more on that later, but I have to compose something about blockbusters.

5 comments:

Marilee said...

THAT is hilarious!! I can't believe he dressed up, but where else are you going to wear an outfit like that. But then, who just has an outfit like that? :-) So cute! Gotta get your monies worth right?

catharooni said...

awesome pics!! so jealous of your adventure (at least the part not messed up by inebriates)!

Nicole said...

I love those photos! hilarious! stupid winebibbers!

2x2momma said...

We did the sing-a-long a few years ago- my favorite part was the cell phone-as-lighters moment too. I wanted to go this year but... it's something we have to get a sitter for to really enjoy. Glad you had so much fun with your rockin dad- nice leidrhosen!

PinkyMcG said...

I totally want to come visit next year for the Sing-A-Long but only if you can promise me your dad will be there in the same ensemble! Hugs!