Thursday, April 30, 2009

Bye, bye maternity pants. Hello muffin top.

Tuesday I decided to try on some jeans tucked away in the closet. They were once a staple in my wardrobe, but had been relegated to a sack in the closet since at least month 3 of pregnancy. Wonder of wonder, they fit! They are a strechy denim and low rise. My skinny jeans made of less forgiving fabric and with a higher waist aren't going around the hips/waist yet, but we'll get there. For now I'm elated to be out of elastic waistband pants, even if I have a muffin top spilling over. If I wear a baggy shirt, you can't tell. Unfortunately, most of my shirts are fitting a little snug in the chest department--go breastfeeding!--and clining to the pooch below the belly button. Still, there is progress back to my old shape. (Since the muffin top isn't going to be documented visually, there is no photograph accompaning this post. Really, you should thank me.)

2 comments:

Ben & Mona said...

Congrats! It always took me a couple of months to get back into some regular clothes, but it's a good feeling! Hang in there. The pics are so cute.

Rachael Petru Horowitz said...

Good for you!!! I'm officially in all of my old clothes and I know you'll be following suit very soon. BRAVO!