Monday, March 30, 2009

It's offical.....I'm a mommy

It wasn't the 3 months of nausea. It wasn't the 40 weeks of pregnancy. It wasn't even pushing, and pushing, AND pushing the little one out that officially made me a mom. Nor is the breast feeding and the diaper changing and the new block sleeping pattern the signal that I've moved into a new phase of life. But, last night, while Zoey was eating and I was once again gazing on her angelic face, I noticed a bit of smudge stuck to her cheek. Instinctively, I licked my finger and tried to get it off. That my friends and readers was the sign. I'm officially a mommy! I tried to remove something from my child's face with my own spit. And I'll have you know it worked.

Zoey Jeanne was born a week ago. We've found out since selecting her first name that it means LIFE in Greek. Isn't that fantastic? I hope she is a child who is full of life and vigor (will I regret wishing that when she's 2?) Jeanne, pronounced JEAN, is after my grandmother Christofferson. May she be as gentle, caring, beloved, and beautiful as her middle namesake.

Here are a few pictures of the fantastic little creature. I'll try not to post too many on the blog, but it will be hard to restrain myself because she is so darling!

Zoey in the hospital the day after she was born

Lots of visitors in the hospital
Grandma and Papa

Aunt Jill and Uncle Daniel

Uncle T

And More Visitors at Home.....
Aunt Jackie held me, brought lunch and gave mommy a back rub--THANKS!

The Miller clan came and fought over who got to hold Zoey. Ben is missing from the picture because he was upset he didn't get to hold her for the photo. She was a big hit with all the cousins.

A few favorites from the last few days.....
eskimo kisses

This man loves his girls
And we love snuggle time!

Love this puddin'!




5 comments:

Marilee said...

Oh she is so adorable! I'm still dying that I can't be there to hold her! I've thought of you often this week but haven't wanted to call for fear of disturbing any much needed nap times! :-) I'll call later this week after MJ leaves and you're on your own! Lots and Lots of LOVES!!!!

Pirijo and Donny said...

Congrats momma!

catharooni said...

not too many pictures? are you INSANE!?! there can never be too many pictures!! she is BEAUTIFUL (and, let's be honest, i don't say that about too many newborns - cute, adorable, squishable, etc? yup. but beautiful - that is a small club, my friend!) ...

so happy for you all!!

The M&M MacArthur Family said...

Laura-
CONGRATULATIONS!!
She is so cute, you guys did so good!!
I can't wait to meet her this summer.
Love, Melissa

Joy H said...

MMMMMMM, delicous puddin'!

Enjoy every minute. Savor every nap.