At the end of August, Kevin and I both got new callings. He is still working with the young men, but has moved from the presidency of the young men's to being the scout master. He was already doing a lot of camping/scouting stuff, but he'll get to be in charge of it now. The boys love Kevin and he really likes working with them. He'll be great!
I am the 1st counselor in the new Stake RS Presidency. Carol Turley is the president, and someone I've admired for a long time. The 2nd counselor is Patricia (Pati) DeFez, and Ann Cho is the secretary. We are a good group, and I'm looking forward to getting to know all these women better. President Mark Bragg and his counselors were there to set us apart before our first meeting. I really like that he considers us stake leaders. We'll have speaking assignments in other wards, along with High Counselors. Carol wants us to visit the Relief Societies all of the 12 wards in the stake before the end of the year. We go together, based on the schedule she's organized. I can still go to our ward Sacrament Meeting and some of RS. Kevin brings the girls home and gets lunch while I'm visiting the other wards. Seems to be working fine so far.
No comments:
Post a Comment