Monday, August 26, 2013

The first day of school--ever

Zoey has started at Nora Sterry Elementary School's pre-K program.  She goes to class 5 days a week from 8am to 10:35pm  I was very, very sad to realize school was starting so soon (August 12th!) and it was much harder emotionally than I thought it would be.  I didn't think I'd be one of those parents.  But it was bitter sweet having her start school.  Bitter because I feel like our opportunity to go do fun things has been curtailed because of school time, Paige's nap, and late afternoon LA traffic.  I also didn't like the idea of Zoey being gone every day.  The sweet part is how much she likes it.  She was ready to start and has been doing a fairly good job of doing her 5 things she has to do every morning before we read scriptures, pray and leave for school. Those are:
1. eat breakfast
2. get dressed
3. make her bed
4. brush teeth
5. do hair (I help)

 First day of school picture!
Best friend Addie Marsh is in the class for 3 weeks until her family moves


No comments: