Paige in the 102 year old blessing dress. My grandpa Ellison (born 1909) wore this gown when he was blessed. I wore it in 1976 and now both of my girls have worn it.
We had lots of friends and family join us for the blessing at our church. I was so impressed that everyone made it for a 9am sacrament meeting!
Following church services, we hosted lunch for the family--almost 30 people! Our little apartment can't hold that kind of crowd. We approached a family in our ward (Richard and Linda Smith) a few weeks before the blessing and they were gracious enough to let us take over their lovely home.
Paige's blessing day was one of those truly wonderful days. We loved all our family, we were grateful for the Smith's generosity, and we were happy to celebrate Paige (who incidentally slept the entire way through lunch!)
4 comments:
We love our Paige!!!
Congratulatons, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
I love that you have that blessing gown. What a great keepsake.
You have a beautiful family. Congrats my friend!
Post a Comment