Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Eating in Chicago

Instead of posting one really long blurb about my recent research/fun trip to Chicago, I'm going to do several smaller posts. Here's what you need to know as background:
1. I went to do research for my dissertation for two days.
2. Kevin flew out to join me without Zoey.
3. Nicole et. al. were fabulous for watching Zoey.
4. Neither Kevin or I had ever been to Chicago.
5. It was REALLY fun to have a trip by ourselves (our first since having Zoey.)

Now to EATING in CHICAGO. We had to try two things for sure. First, Deep Dish Pizza.
Of course we had to split it so that one side was mushroom and the other Lou Manalti's famous sausage. Guess who went for which side of the the pizza! Honestly, I didn't think I'd like deep dish as much as I did. I'm still a New York Slice kind of girl, but I can see why Chicago is known for its pizza style.

On our last day Kevin FINALLY got his Chicago hot dog. We went to the Wiener's Circle, on a recommendation. He tried the Chicago Char dog first and a Polish sausage second. He smiled the entire time while eating the later. I must say the fries were pretty darn good!

3 comments:

Nicole said...

Yumm- I probably shouldn't have read this while fasting, but that pizza looks yummy!!

Anonymous said...

Yay for a trip by yourselves!

Anonymous said...

Oops...the last post was from SaraLyn. :D