
We dyed Easter eggs for the first time and didn't ruin any tables, carpet or clothing. Zoey had a blast, and only tried dipping her hand in dye once (it came out, thankfully, or she could have auditioned for Blue Man Group.)


The next morning, the Easter Bunny had replaced the eggs with all sorts of treasures. I'm really trying to not have Zoey become the candy addict her father is, so her basket had only a little candy and some fun/useful things like sunglasses, water wings, a book, and a magnadoodle.
Following church and naps we headed down to Irvine to rendevous with the family and the majority of the visiting Sherwood family from Canada and Colorado. Of course, we ate a ton! We also did a little Easter egg hunt for the kiddos and I got a few cute pics of Zoey, Grace and Avery.

Zoey wanted to open each egg as she picked it up, so she didn't end up with many. That was fine by me since I didn't want her eating a ton of candy. Of course, she broke into other kids' bags later and ate what was in their eggs!

Gracie took the hunt very seriously. I was lucky to get her attention for a minute to snap a picture.

Despite the somber expression, Avery had a great time looking for Easter eggs.
On a spiritual side, I attended a lovely stake concert, "The Last Word's of Christ." There were seven songs, each about one of the last things written in the Scriptures that Christ said before his death. The music was beautiful, but really quite sad. I was very happy to be able to think that we celebrate the Resurrection of Christ, and don't have to focus solely on his suffering and death. On Sunday, I subbed for a primary class and was able to teach a lesson on the Resurrection, which was a nice experience on Easter Sunday.
No comments:
Post a Comment