Some mistakes are repairable. Last week I burned yet another pan. It has been a trend lately. I forget that I've got something cooking slowly on the stove and start doing something else. A smell, or a quick memory makes me jump up, say "shoot!" (or another expletive) and run to the kitchen. This last one was the worst, and I luckily didn't start a fire. I think it was close. The pot, an All Clad stock pot, was black all on the bottom and three inches up the sides. The steamer was destroyed.
Because the pot is such a good one, and the only one I have left, I hesitated throwing it away. I am happy to announce that after several soaks in vinegar, 6 SOS pads, and tons of elbow grease spread over many days the pot is usable once again! Whew. I hope I learned my lesson on this one and won't burn the sauce pan I'm getting for Christmas (hint Kevin).
1 comment:
I scoffed when I first read the instructions card that came with my stainless steel pots - it said to use Bon Ami if regular soap is not sufficient to clean the pots. I thought to myself, "why would anyone need that?" Little did I know... Sadly, I have a lot of experience in this arena.
Post a Comment