Sunday, November 1, 2009

The first Halloween

We were out and about yesterday in order to let the carpet dry after renting a cleaner and going to town on our whole apartment. (Boy does it look better!) Zoey didn't have very good naps in our errand running mode, so she was kind of grumpy when we headed for the ball field by the church for the Trunk or Treat, but feel asleep on the way up. The conundrum: be glad that she was finally asleep, or be sad that she was going to miss her first Halloween? I knew she wouldn't care or know what she'd missed, but I sure would! Fortunately, she woke up on her own and with loads of attention from us and others she was happy as a clam to be fawned over.

Here's the lady bug in all her glory!


At 5:30 (we had to be at the ball field at 6), Kevin said to me, "Should we dress up?" A little late for that.
I was feeding Zoey, so Kevin was left alone to pass out candy from out from our undecorated trunk......silly us, couldn't get it together. He said he felt like people thought he was a dirty old man, since there were so many there who didn't know him/us. It was better once Zoey and I joined him again.

We wore out our little girl. She had fun, but learned that Halloween can be exhausting!

It is sooo tiring to be this cute:

4 comments:

Morgan Moore said...

She was SO ADORABLE. So fun to see you there!

Jennelle said...

cutest dang lady bug I have ever seen!

Nicole said...

Could those cheeks be any chubbier?!!!

catharooni said...

must. pinch. chubby. cheeks!!! too adorable ...