This is unfamiliar territory, but I have resisted long enough. Marilee offered to set up a blog for me when she found out I am pregnant. I declined her thoughtful invitation citing too much work to do before the baby comes. But, I've realized that if I'm willing to spend a few minutes every day wasting time on Facebook, why not have blog? There are a few I check very regularly, and it seems to be a better way to stay connected to friends--at least finding out in more detail what is happening, or how they see the world. And, with a kiddie on the way, it will be a lovely way to share pictures with family and friends far away. (If my mother-in-law would only get the internet!) While I'm sure Marilee's set up would look far superior to mine, she's been feeling so sick with her pregnancy and already has four active children that asking her to do one more thing seemed a little onerous. But, I will take suggestions on how to make a blog better from her and anyone else.
What kind of blog do I want? Should I make up nicknames for all the friends like Meliss? I could have it decorated and decked out like Marilee. Nicole's is lovely, but has a more no nonsense look. Should I use my blog to comment on world affairs like Sascha? Dare I go there? Or, tell my hubby through the blog about major furniture purchases like Cindy once did? Is it a blog about me, or the family? Will I turn to heavy subjects like spirituality as another Melissa has, or keep it a more light-hearted description of daily life like Melanie? Will my blog be a tool for helping others like Morgan's? Is it a working mom's blog like Kim's? Will I neglect it and forget or postpone posting for months on end like.....you know who you are.
Time will tell what kind of blog this site becomes. For now, WELCOME.
8 comments:
Glad to see you've joined the blogging club. Can't wait to read more about what's going on in your lives.
I'm looking forward to reading your blog Laura! I always like your RS/SS comments so I can only imagine your blogs will also be tres awesome! (ps. I post on one hefty spiritual subject in three years and my blog gets labeled 'heavy'!!!! NICE!!)
Yipee! I'm so proud of you Lovely, I knew you could do it. Yes you will waste hours upon hours of time on your blog but when you read it back and show it to your babe years from now, you'll realize it wasn't a waste of time at all! Can't wait to see what kind of blog this one becomes! WELCOME to to world of BLOGGIN!!! Yipee! PS-you can ask me anytime for help on it if you need it. ITs a good destraction from feeling yucky. You did a great job though and I think it looks fabuloso! Loves!
i'm already rivoted . . .
heavy in a good way 2x2 mama!
Mine's no nonsense looking because I am too dumb to figure out put the cool wallpapers on - everytime I try it doesn't work! Oh well...I'm excited you've joined us! :)
Welcoming to the wonderful world of blogging : )
xoxo
OOooooo, another blog to read :) Yeah me!
Post a Comment